Simply known as “Suction Cupping”, this therapy technique combines massage movements with a negative pressure as opposed to the positive pressure used with standard hands-on massage techniques. This is achieved with the use of a suction device on the skin.
A cup is positioned to the treated area where a vacuum is created within the cup to draw the skin and underlying tissue up into the cup which then creates the desired suction effect and in turn the following:
- Increases blood and lymphatic circulation to the are
- Relaxes muscle tissue and support
- Draws stagnation, pathogenic factors and toxins out of the body
- Releases pain causing factors
- Breaks down scar tissue and contusions